Situated in the middle of a quiet forest, N’s YARD presents Yoshitomo Nara's paintings, drawings and sculptures together with items from his personal collection that have been particularly inspirational: record covers and artworks by his friends and peers. This site was conceived as an outpost of Nara's studio, where visitors can learn about his creative journey. There is a café where visitors can pause to enjoy the tranquility of this art space and the surrounding nature, as well as a store featuring selected goods.
Hours: 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Last entry is 30 minutes before closing.
Closed: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Closed for winter mid-december to mid-march every year.
28-3 Aoki, Nasushiobara City, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan 〒325-0103
Tel: 0287-73-5711 Fax: 0287-73-5712
High school students
Elementary/middle school students
Children (under age 6)
We ask all visitors to follow facility regulations.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
• You may be asked to show your this ticket after entering the facility.
• Please inquire at the reception desk if you wish to re-enter the facility.
• Please follow instructions from the staff while visiting our facility.
• The taking of photos inside the building, including the café and gift shop, is strictly prohibited.
• Please set your mobile devices to silent and refrain from using within the building.
• Please refrain from eating and drinking (including water, candy, and gum) while in the buildings, with the exception of the café.
• No outside food or drink is allowed inside the café.
• Inside the property (including the parking lot) please refrain from eating (including candy and gum) and drinking .
• Smoking is prohibited within the property, including the parking area.
• Bringing in any dangerous items, plants (including fresh flowers), animals, and umbrellas is prohibited.
• Pets and animal are not allowed, with the exception of service dogs.
• Please use lockers for large bags.
• Please refrain from using any writing tools other than pencils within the building.
• Please do not dispose of any personal trash outside of the building.
• Please refrain from any actions that cause annoyances to other visitors.
• Please enjoy the works in the gallery quietly.
• Touching of works and display cases is prohibited.
• Visitors with young children are responsible for supervising their children at all times to prevent them from running, falling, or touching exhibits.
• Children below elementary school age must be accompanied by an adult.
• Please inquire if you plan to use a baby carriage. The center does not provide rental strollers.
The parking area is free of charge (70 car capacity). There is a three minute walk from the parking area to the building.
Designated handicapped spaces are available in the parking area.
Visitors wishing to use the handicapped parking spaces should contact us ahead of their visit: email@example.com / 0287-73-5711.
From the JR Nasushiobara station (via Kuroiso station), take the Toya Kotsu Bus, Itamuro line (headed to Itamuro Onsen/Nasu Highland Park). Get off at Aoki Besso Mae stop. 7 minute walk to N’s YARD.